24th March 2008

Daily Mego Adoration: Poster Fun with Loose Mego WGSH Figures!

Daily Mego Adoration Here’s our Daily Mego Adoration for Tuesday, March 25, 2008:

Poster Fun with Loose Mego WGSH Figures!

I wish I had been granted more pages in the Mego book, Mego 8″ Super-Heroes: World’s Greatest Toys!

At 256 pages, it’s already chock full of Mego goodness. But had it been longer, I would have included a whole bunch of other Mego goodness, such as large, composite photos of appropriate groupings of Mego figures and packages.

Sigh.

Since I didn’t have enough room to include such indulgences, I have decided to start a new Blog series to showcase my intended goodness, and I’m callin’ it Poster Fun!

Up first, a composite of every 8″ Mego World’s Greatest Super-Hero figure, in chronological order of release. Between 1972 and 1982, Mego issued 37 different Super-Heroes. Enjoy!

Daily Mego Adoration

Want to learn more? Buy Mego 8″ Super-Heroes: World’s Greatest Toys! Just $32.97

Benjamin

Blog Credits and legal stuff: Images published by Benjamin Holcomb and TwoMorrows Publications. All rights reserved. Images may not be reprinted or published without prior written consent from the publishers.

There are currently 6 responses to “Daily Mego Adoration: Poster Fun with Loose Mego WGSH Figures!”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On March 25th, 2008, jayihdz said:

I saw this poster the firsts time we met at the shrine,it looks amazing!!! Nice work man.

2. 2 On March 25th, 2008, benjamin said:

Thanks, Jay! Wait until you see the next two posters. I think you may dig them even more than this one!
    Benjamin

3. 3 On March 25th, 2008, Megoville said:

Oh yeah, I’d buy this poster! Of course I’d rather have all the figures in that condition instead. Nice work.

4. 4 On March 26th, 2008, benjamin said:

LOL. Thanks, Paul. I wish I had all those figures in such immaculate condition myself. For me, one of the highlights of producing the book was the opportunity to photograph collectors’ drop-dead gorgeous Mego specimens.

It’s fun to look at such perfection grouped together, but I have to remind myself that these pieces are spread out across the country… sometimes across the globe, even! It’s unusual to see them all together at one time, which is why I love putting them together here.

Thanks for readin’ the blog, Paul. And thanks for posting!

Benjamin

5. 5 On March 26th, 2008, Flynne said:

Buy this poster? This poster has to dual matted, framed under UV glass, and hung in my Toy Room. Outstanding work, Ben!

6. 6 On March 26th, 2008, benjamin said:

Are you guys actually serious about wanting large versions of the poster/s? If so, LMK and I’m sure I can work something out. I gave a (small) copy of the Loose WGSH poster to both Mike and Rob, and they both said they’d pay for a large-format version… I thought perhaps they were just being polite!

Benjamin